Over our years of experience in fabricating and installing granite countertops for residential properties, we honed in to a 6 steps short version of a how to buy list.
How to Buy Granite Countertops?
1. Shop for the best value. Most granite countertops installation companies offer free in-home estimates. You will find that US Stone truly offers the highest quality stone for the lowest possible price.
2. Once you decide where to purchase your granite countertops, select a color compatible with the décor of your home. Since granite countertops are natural stones, color variation, pits, and hairline cracks are common. This adds to the natural beauty of your stone. Therefore, your granite countertops will not be identical to the showroom sample. US Stone encourages you to choose your own slab directly from our warehouse.
3. Next, decide if you prefer a drop-in or under-mounted sink. You must provide your fabricator with sink templates, so it is important to purchase your sinks before work begins.
4. Choose a countertop depth. Granite countertops are either two or three centimeters (3/4 or 1 inch) thick. Thicker granite countertops are more expensive, but are stronger and more attractive. Two-centimeter countertops cost less, but usually require plywood supports and laminate edges.
5. Determine what type of granite countertops edges you want. If you don’t see what you like in our showroom, ask us for a custom design. Consider cabinet detail and other architectural features of your home when making your decision.
6. Decide if seamless granite countertops are important to you. Seams in granite countertops are often visible, so you may choose to pay extra for seamless fabrication. Seams can be placed near sinks to minimize their appearance, but this may gradually damage the grout due to water exposure. Ask your installer what would work best for you.
We offer design, fabrication, and installation of granite kitchen countertops and bathroom vanities for Homeowners or builders. Choose US Stone as your natural stone supplier. Our products are manufactured to your exact specifications and add convenience, and beauty to your everyday life.
At US Stone Granite and Marble we provide a wide range of materials for commercial properties. If you are an architect, interior designer, contractor, or business owner, we offer natural stone and quartz surfaces to fit your needs!